Kingdom of Cambodia
Nation Religion King
————- # ————-
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Country of Assignment: Kingdom of Cambodia
Name of Project: Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE)
Loan and Grant No: IFAD Loan No. 2000000744, IFAD Additional Loan No. 2000002532
ASAP TRUST Grant No. 2000000743, and IFAD Grant No. 2000002531
Assignment Title: Study on Future Funding of Agriculture Extension Services
Procurement Method: Consultants Qualifications Selection (CQS) procedures and in a Simplified Technical Proposal (STP)
Reference No.: CQS-001-2021/MAFF/ASPIRE/DPS
- ASPIRE is a 7-year programme of the Royal Government of Cambodia. The Programme became effective with the signing of the Financing Agreement between the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) and International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) on 5th March 2015. The Programme Implementation Date is June 2015 and was officially launched on 8-9 October 2015. The Programme Completion Date is 31 March 2022 and the Financial Closing Date is 31 September 2022.
- The overall development goal of the ASPIRE Programme is to reduce poverty and to increase resilience of 144,000 poor and vulnerable smallholder farmers in Cambodia by increasing an average household agricultural production value by 20% and value of household assets by 25%. The development objective is to establish an “enhanced Cambodia model of agriculture services which is demonstrated as effective for assisting a diversity of smallholder farmers to contribute to broad-based economic growth through profitable and resilience farm businesses and is adopted as policy by 2021”.
- The lead implementing agency of the ASPIRE programme is the Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF). The programme is divided into 4 components with multi-subcomponents. These components are; 1) Component 1: Evidence Based Policy Development; 2) Component 2: Capacity Development for Extension Services; 3) Component 3: Improved Extension Services and 4) Component 4: Infrastructures Supporting Climate Resilient Agriculture.
- With the current phase of ASPIRE due to end in 2022, MAFF intends to conduct a review of the future funding of extension services in Cambodia, taking account of lessons learned from ASPIRE. Therefore, DPS and DAF will conduct a Study on Future Funding of Agriculture Extension Services, with the intention of completing the study by the end of 2021
- For the purposes of this study of“agriculture extension services” is taken to mean advice and technical assistance to farmers to encourage adoption of improved technologies and practices in the production and marketing of crops, livestock and aquaculture products. It does not cover services related to wild capture fisheries or to conservation and management of natural forests.
- An eligible consulting firm/NGO will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Qualifications Selection (CQS) procedures and in a Simplified Technical Proposal (STP) format will be applied in evaluating the proposals as specified in procedures set out in the IFAD Procurement Handbook Version September 2010 and in consistency with the RGC Procurement Manual (PM) for Externally Financed Project in Cambodia Updated Version Dec 2019.
- Interested consulting firm/NGO must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services in responding to TOR (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). The consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
- Description of the services to be provided and the required qualifications are included in the Terms of Reference. These are available from the ASPIRE Website: aspirekh.org/opportunities and from the address below.
- Interested consulting firm/NGO are requested to submit or send Expressions of Interest (EOI) to the address below (in person, or by mail) by date: 14 Jul 2021 at Cambodia local time: 5:00 PM.
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries,
Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE),
3rd Floor of the Administrative Department,
#200, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia,
Attention to Mr. Yao Ven, Procurement Officer,
Phone: (855) 97 7666 989
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com