Website ASPIRE Program
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – SHORT-TERM INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Contract ends by December 2021
- ASPIRE is a 7-year program of the Royal Government of Cambodia. The Program became effective with the signing of the Financing Agreement between the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) and IFAD on 5th March 2015. The Program Implementation Date is June 2015 and was officially launched on 8-9 October 2015. The Programme Completion Date is 31 March 2022 and the Financing Closing Date is 31 September 2022. The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received financing provided by IFAD in the form of a loan (USD 38.19 million) include the additional financing and a grant (USD 15.19 million supported by ASAP) including the additional financing agreement by IFAD on 18 December 2018 and Government funding is estimated at USD 13.90 million of which USD 3 million represents taxes. The programme is entitled the Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE). Total programme costs are around USD 67.28 million over a seven-year implementation period (2015-2021).
- The goal of ASPIRE is to reduce poverty and increase the resilience of poor and vulnerable smallholder farmers in the Kingdom of Cambodia. To commence and implement the Programme, ASPIRE is urgently seeking qualified and experienced consultants to fill the following positions:
Senior Procurement Assistant
The Senior Procurement Assistant will study and thoroughly understand the ASPIRE Program Implementation Manual, particularly the sections on procurement.
Under the supervision of ASPIRE Secretariat Support Team Manager and with the advice and assistance of the Senior Procurement Specialist, the Procurement Assistant will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the sub-national levels to ensure the procurement under ASPIRE is Compliance with Procurement Manual, SOP, IFAD procurement guideline and Financing Agreement;
- Ensure close coordination of procurement activities with all components under the programme;
- Assist in preparing the annual Procurement Plan based on the AWPB and submit the plan to the Secretariat Support Team Manager;
- Assist Procurement Officer to ensure the approved annual procurement plan is implemented as planned and the procurement plan is updated regularly;
- Prepared and reviewed all required documentations for procurement, tracked progress to ensure the correct process were followed in a timely manner, and maintained procurement files and records;
- Prepare draft of bidding documents of goods, works and the document for the recruitment of the consultant service, bid advertisement/request for EOI, and bid evaluation reports in accordance with provisions of the project Financing Agreement and above procurement guideline;
- Assist in conducting bid opening, preparation of the draft minutes of bid opening, evaluation of the bid, and preparation of bid evaluation report with recommendations for the award of contract, and (b) evaluation of consultant’s proposals and preparation of evaluation reports, where necessary;
- Ensure that an effective filing and record keeping system is established for the procurement to be done, maintain a contracts register with updated key procurement information of all contracts procured under the Programme
- Prepare the procurement sections of quarterly and annually procurement programme reports and provide the recommendation report on procurement issues or any procurement which is deviation from plan.
- Any other duties to assist the Procurement Officer and ASPIRE secretariat.
Qualifications and Requirements
The Procurement Assistant shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or other relevant related fields
- At least five (5) years previous experience with procurement using the Procurement Guideline as indicated in the Updated Standard Operating Procedure Updated Version Dec 2019.
- Knowledge of IFAD procurement guideline is an advantage.
- Computer literacy especially on Windows and MS Office.
- Written and spoken proficiency in Khmer and a working knowledge of English
- Interested candidate will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection-ICS method set out in the IFAD and the RGC’s SOP for Externally Financed Project in Cambodia Updated Version Dec 2019.
- Interested candidate may observe and download the detailed ToR here.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form via Email to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 June 2021, 5:00 PM
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, ASPIRE Secretariat, Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE), 2nd Floor of the Administrative Department #200, Preah Norodom Bvld, Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Website: http://aspirekh.org/).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com