Website Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
- ASPIRE is a 7-year program of the Royal Government of Cambodia. The Program became effective with the signing of the Financing Agreement between the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) and IFAD on 5th March 2015. The Program Implementation Date is June 2015 and was officially launched on 8-9 October 2015. The Programme Completion Date is 31 March 2022 and the Financing Closing Date is 31 September 2022. The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received financing provided by IFAD in the form of a loan (USD 38.19 million) include the additional financing and a grant (USD 15.19 million supported by ASAP) including the additional financing agreement by IFAD on 18 December 2018 and Government funding is estimated at USD 13.90 million of which USD 3 million represents taxes. The programme is entitled the Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE). Total programme costs are around USD 67.28 million over a seven-year implementation period (2015-2021).
- The goal of ASPIRE is to reduce poverty and increase the resilience of poor and vulnerable smallholder farmers in the Kingdom of Cambodia. To commence and implement the Programme, ASPIRE is urgently seeking qualified and experienced consultants to fill the following position:
National Consultant to Conduct Capacity Assessment of CASSAVA Smallholder Business Clusters and Targeted Cassava Cooperatives (ACs) .
In order to achieve the aforementioned objectives of the assignment, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Develop inception plan which lay out specific timeframe and logistics to undertake the assignment.
- Conduct desk review on relevant documents on the status of targeted ASPIRE’s cassava smallholder clusters.
- Review and analyze selected registered Cassava Cooperatives in target provinces to identify their problems, strengths, challenges and opportunities.
- Conduct matric mapping and analysis of cassava stakeholders in Cambodia.
- Hold consultations with DACP, selected PDAFFs, private sector firms, development partners such as UNDP and relevant projects to assess production and market situation of cassava.
- Conduct inventory of existing/relevant policy and interventions and assessment tools in the cassava sector.
- Design processes and material/questionnaire to collect inputs/data from relevant key stakeholders
- Conduct Key Informant Interview (KII) and SWOT analysis on cassava business clusters and selected cassava cooperatives supported.
- Analyze collected data (primary and secondary data) and draft the detailed report/findings
- Base on findings, develop possible intervention/strategy/road map to assist cassava smallholder clusters and ACs, and recommend steps for a pathway for cassava business clusters to aggregated as cooperative.
- Conduct the validating meetings with relevant stakeholders, especially the ASPIRE teams, PDAFF, DACP, private sector, CACA, and some of cassava ACs) to get feedbacks and inputs on the draft report and road map
- Consolidate the inputs and revise the report.
- Complete the assessment report in both languages: Khmer and English, and
- Submit the report to the GDA for approval.
Qualification and Requirements
The consultant should possess the following qualifications and experiences:
- At least Bachelor degree in agricultural economics, rural development, business administration, or similar areas. Master degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating or applying organizational capacity assessment tools for specific institutions or farmer groups.
- At least 5-year experiences in farmer organization development or agricultural cooperative promotion.
- Have sound understanding on the Cambodian agricultural sector, AC; union of agricultural cooperative union (UAC); and CACA.
- Have good track record of providing capacity building to farmer groups and/or ACs.
Language and Writing skills
- Fluency both speaking and writing in Khmer and English.
- Excellence writing skills.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection-ICS method set out in the IFA out in the RGC’s SOP for Externally Financed Project in Cambodia Updated Version Dec 2019.
- Interested candidate may observe and download the detailed ToR for the assignment.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form via Email to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 May 2021, 5:00 PM
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, ASPIRE Secretariat, Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE), 2nd Floor of the Administrative Department #200, Preah Norodom Bvld, Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Website: http://aspirekh.org/).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com