Supreme National Economic Council
Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector (AUAS) was established under the Supreme National Economic Council (SNEC) within the structure of the ASPIRE program. Therefore, AUAS is seeking a qualified and experienced national consultant to carry out the research study of Agriculture policies. The selected consultant expects to provide high-quality consulting services to conduct a research study on the Feasibility Study of Establishing Special Zone for Agro-Processing. The national consultant will be contracted for a period of the research study for 6 months from the contract signing date.
Scope of Work
The national consultant will support the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector (AUAS) to conduct policy studies under component 1 of the ASPIRE program on Feasibility Study of Establishing Special Zone for Agro-Processing. The national consultant will develop a detailed research study methodology as well as primary and secondary data collection and analysis of related to the studies.
The consultant should have field interviews and relevant stakeholder consultations for feedback of the draft and final the reports, and coordinate with the Analytic Unit for Agriculture Sector to provide two different workshops (1) preliminary result finding workshop and (2) final workshop.
- Drafting the inception report with an outline of a policy research study plan for AUAS/SNEC, plus providing a summary of desk/literature review of the design recommendations, bibliography of relevant agricultural policies, and a list of studies regarding the current in agricultural sector in particular of agro-processing in Cambodia .
- Draft an appropriate methodology for primary data collection and develop data collection tools (e.g. research study methodology, interviews with stakeholders, key informant interviews) that will be used to conduct the research study on Feasibility Study of Establishing Special Zone for Agro-Processing.
- Identify all key stakeholders, includes Government institutions, departments / NGOs, the private sector who are investing to improve the agriculture sector in Cambodia.
- Prepare the summary paper of the key issues findings and presentation to AUAS/SNEC management team.
- The consultant is required to prepare the draft and final reports on the Feasibility Study of Establishing Special Zone for Agro-Processing with recommendations.
- Provide two different workshops, (1) preliminary result finding workshop, and (2) final workshop to relevant stakeholders with coordinating by Analytic Unit for Agriculture Sector (AUAS), plus a summary of comments and suggestions from the stakeholders.
- Required Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum of Master’s degree in agriculture economics /Agronomy/Food technology with have working experience in the agriculture sector policy analysis.
- At least 7 years of experience providing consulting services in socio-economic research studies, agro-processing and agricultural sector analysis in related to issues, challenges, technology innovation, productivity and opportunities for developing the establishing special zone for agro-processing including the preparation of policy framework and recommendation.
- Good communication with the Government Institutions, relevant agriculture researchers and other stakeholders who worked in support to improve agro-processing.
- Have broad understanding about agriculture value chain and institutional arrangement in relation to agro processing sector in Cambodia.
- Demonstrated publications record, covering research, technical, and policy areas
- Excellent networking skills with private and public sector institutions.
- Excellent analytical skill and expertise of agriculture and communication skills in both English and Khmer
- Extensive computer skills including excel, word and power point.
- Application Process
Interested applicants should send a CV, with a covering letter explaining how their experience addresses the requirements of the scope of work to Mr. Lim Kimleang: email@example.com, Tel: 092 384 563 or Ms. Chum Pesey: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 017 960 036. Admin Manager by May 30th, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be informed and ask for full proposal preparation. (ToR is available on ASPIRE program website: aspirekh.org).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com