Website Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -SHORT TERM INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Contract ends by December 2021
- ASPIRE is a 7-year program of the Royal Government of Cambodia. The Program became effective with the signing of the Financing Agreement between the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) and IFAD on 5th March 2015. The Program Implementation Date is June 2015 and was officially launched on 8-9 October 2015. The Programme Completion Date is 31 March 2022 and the Financing Closing Date is 31 September 2022. The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received financing provided by IFAD in the form of a loan (USD 38.19 million) include the additional financing and a grant (USD 15.19 million supported by ASAP) including the additional financing agreement by IFAD on 18 December 2018 and Government funding is estimated at USD 13.90 million of which USD 3 million represents taxes. The programme is entitled the Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE). Total programme costs are around USD 67.28 million over a seven-year implementation period (2015-2021).
- The goal of ASPIRE is to reduce poverty and increase the resilience of poor and vulnerable smallholder farmers in the Kingdom of Cambodia. To commence and implement the Programme, ASPIRE is urgently seeking qualified and experienced consultants to fill the following positions:
Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist
Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Manager – Secretariat Support Team, the Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist shall be responsible for performing the following duties in accordance with MAFF and ASPIRE guidelines, policies and practices:
- Plan and implement activities to document the activities and achievements of ASPIRE, including photographic records, video clips, case studies, most significant change stories etc;
- Prepare knowledge products for publication, including press releases, topical reports etc;
- Support other ASPIRE implementation units to ensure a consistent quality and style of published materials (including policy briefs, reports, training materials etc);
- Support the preparation of workshops, seminars, stakeholder meetings and other public events of the ASPIRE programme, ensuring a high standard of organization and presentation projecting a positive image of ASPIRE;
- Manage and maintaining the ASPIRE web-pages including ensuring the timely posting of information, knowledge products and programme documents;
- Support the ASPIRE Secretariat to manage relations with news media (newspapers, TV etc) including responding to enquiries, organizing press coverage of workshops, field visits etc;
- Support preparation of ASPIRE six-month and annual reports to a high standard of preparation;
- Other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager – Secretariat Support Team.
Qualifications and Requirements
a. Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
Advanced university degree (master’s) in communications, media, public relations, marketing or a closely related field with at least 6 years of relevant professional experience or a bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of similar experience is considered as equivalent.
b. Work Experience
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience with Master’s degree or 10 years with Bachelor’s degree. Relevant professional experience must include experience of managing communications, media relations and events for business, civil society or public sector agency and must include experience of publishing documents and multi-media products to a high standard.
c. Key Competencies
- Documentation including preparation of photographic, video and written records of events and activities;
- Publishing: preparing documents and multi-media for publication with a high and consistent standard of presentation;
- Event organization: preparation of conferences, workshops or other types of event;
- Basic knowledge of web-page management will be an asset;
- High standard of writing in Khmer and English;
- Good teamwork abilities;
- High level of computer literacy (skilled use of MS Office programmes including typing both Khmer and English);
- Personal interest, commitment, flexibility and willingness to work in a highly motivated team of professionals; and
- Ability to travel to areas of operations.
- Fluency in English and Khmer is essential;
- Stakeholder Management
- Interested candidate will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection-ICS method set out in the IFAD and the RGC’s SOP for Externally Financed Project in Cambodia Updated Version Dec 2019.
- Interested candidate may observe and download the detailed ToR for the assignment below.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form via Email to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 04 May 2021, 5:00 PM
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, ASPIRE Secretariat, Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE), 2nd Floor of the Administrative Department #200, Preah Norodom Bvld, Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Website: http://aspirekh.org/).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com