Supreme National Economic Council
Supreme National Economic Council (SNEC) has established its Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector (AUAS) within the structure of the ASPIRE program. Therefore, AUAS is looking for a qualified and experienced NATIONAL CONSULTANT. The selected consultant is expected to provide high quality consultant services to conduct a research study on Review of Agriculture Sector Investment in Cambodia.The National consultant will be contracted for a period of research study for 6 months from the contract signing date.
- Scope of Work
The national consultant will support the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector (AUAS) to conduct policy studies under component 1 of the ASPIRE program onReview of Agriculture Sector Investment in Cambodia. The national consultant will develop the detailed research study methodology and both primary and secondary data collection and analysis related to the studies.
The consultant will require having field interviews, and stakeholder consultations for feedback into drafting and finalizing the reports. The consultant will coordinate with the Analytic Unit for Agriculture Sector to provide two differences workshops (1) preliminary result finding workshop and (2) final workshop.
- Drafting the inception report with an outline of a policy research study plan for AUAS/SNEC, plus providing a summary of desk/literature review of the design recommendations, bibliography of relevant agricultural policies, and a list of studies regarding to the current investment in agricultural sector.
- Draft an appropriate methodology for primary data collection and develop data collection tools (e.g. research study methodology, interviews with stakeholders, key informant interviews) that will be used to conduct the research study on Review of Agriculture Sector Investment in Cambodia.
- Identify all key stakeholders, includes Government institutions, departments / NGOs, private sector who are investing to improve the agriculture sector in Cambodia.
- Prepare the summary paper of the key issues findings and presentation to AUAS/SNEC management.
- The consultant is required to prepare the draft and final reports on review of agriculture sector investment in Cambodia with recommendations.
- Provide two differences workshops (1) preliminary result finding workshop, and (2) final workshop to relevant stakeholders with coordinating by Analytic Unit for Agriculture Sector (AUAS), plus a summary of comments and suggestions from the stakeholders.
- Required Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum of Master’s degree in agriculture economics /Agronomy/Food technology with have working experience in the agriculture sector policy analysis.
- At least 7 years of experience provided the consultant services in agricultural research studies, agricultural sector analysis in related to issues, challenges, technology innovation, productivity and opportunities for developing the agriculture sector including the preparation of a vision and policy framework and project monitoring and recommendation.
- Good communication with the government institutions, relevant agriculture researchers, and other stakeholders who worked in support to improve agriculture sector.
- Understanding and knowledge of current agriculture practices as well as technology innovation in Cambodia and other countries in regions will be an asset.
- Demonstrated publications record, covering research, technical, and policy areas
- Excellent networking skills with private and public sector institutions
- Excellent analytical of agriculture sector and communication skills in both English and Khmer languages
- Extensive computer skills including excel, word and power point
- Application Process
Interested applicants should send a CV, with a covering letter explaining how their experience addresses the requirements of the scope of work to Mr. Lim Kimleang: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 092 384 563 or Ms. Chum Pesey: email@example.com, Tel: 017 960 036. Admin Manager by 25th March 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be informed and ask for preparing the full proposal.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org